Wet Monday



Its raining outside, and at the same time I was craving for something nutty that can go with milk. Since I have a big packet of rolled oats, so I decided to make a chocolate chip peanut butter (oatmeal) cookies. Eventhough Im not good in making cookies, I just told to myself to give it a try after I saw this recipe. Some say its not hard to make cookies. But as for me, making a perfect cookies aint easy. Especially soft and chewy cookies. This type of cookies are pretty rare in Malaysia, since we are only exposed with crunchy cookie texture.

My first attempt on soft and chewy cookies was from Martha Stewart's recipe. It was perfectly done including the taste. But then a nighmare happened when on my 4th attempt, was ended up with disaster! there's no more chewy, thin and the taste was also horrible. At first I thought it was measurement mistake, but after Ive been continuosly making them the result was still the same. they came out with many funny textures; too soft, fat and cakey. So in short, I dont know where's the mistake.

But anyway failures doesnt bring me down, I still have ample time to keep practicing on making this cookie. But one thing for sure, make sure all your ingredients are accurate! So, here's the recipe for today. I bet you wont regret making this cookies, because it has all the textures that I wanted; soft, chewy, and taste good! It would taste better if u dip the cookie in a fresh milk. yumsss! enjoy!

Peanut-Pecan Butter and Oatmeal Cookies
adapted from Bon Appetit

Ingredients:

⅓ c smooth peanut butter
⅓ c pecans, toasted and cooled
¾ c flour
1 t baking soda
¼ t kosher salt
¾ c oats
½ c sugar
½ c brown sugar
1 stick butter at room temp
1 t vanilla
1 egg

Directions:

  • Combine peanut butter and pecans in food processor until smooth.
  • Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and oats in a small bowl.
  • In a mixer, beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter mixture and vanilla, then the egg.
  • Add the dry ingredients and mix just to combine. Add chocolate chips if using.
  • Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for three hours (if you can wait that long).
  • Scoop the dough onto cookie sheets and bake at 375 for about 10 minutes. They’ll spread so give them some room.

No comments:

Post a Comment