#MY FAVORITE RECIPES for today is, Karipap pusing. Ive tried many versions of the recipes, but i find this one is the best! I cant barely remember where i got the recipe as i was randomly copy & paste while i was goole-ing. sorryyy...sorryyy! =( anyway, this is the recipe and some step by step photos for ur guidance.. good luck!
1. oil dough:
300g plain flour
1/4 cup carnola oil
1/2 cup water
pinch of salt
- combine flour & salt. set aside
- make a well and pour in the oil. stir the mixture until combined.
- slowly add in the water and knead the dough until soft and elastic. set aside.
2. Butter dough:
150g plain flour
100g butter ( i used 50g unsalted butter & 50g Ghee)
- combine both ingredients and mix to form a dough. set a side.
3. Making the karipap / curry puff pastry:
- divide the oil dough into 50 - 60g each. set a side. ( make a ball shape)
- divide the butter dough into 30 - 40g each. set a side (make a ball shape)
- Flatten a bit one of the ball from oil dough and place the butter dough onto the oil dough.
- Nicely wrap the butter dough in the oil dough and make a ball shape.
- flatten the dough a bit and roll them with rolling pin as seen in the photo below.