Belebat Ubi Stelo
Salam everyone! as promised, today im gonna share our traditional kuih melayu recipe, originated from kelantan (if im not mistaken); Belebat ubi Stelo also known as 'Lepat Ubi'. This recipe was adapted from FZ Menu .. This is pretty simple to make and perfect for breakfast and teatime! here's the recipe.. good luck! =)
Belebat Ubi Stelo:
3/4 cup rice flour
200g sweet potatoes, diced ( add more if u like! =D)
1/2 cup or 3/4 cup coconut milk
1 cup or 2 cups water
1/2 cup fine sugar
pinch of salt
Banana leaf; for wrapping
1) cook at a full boil until the sweet potatoes are tender and drained. Set aside.
2) In a medium saucepan, mix all the ingredients except the sweet potatoes and cook at a low heat until the mixture has thickened. *stir occasionally to avoid from burning*
3) Turn off the heat and mix in the sweet potatoes. Fold the mixture gently until just combined.
4) Prepare the banana leaf (cut into rectangle shaped) and spoon the mixture onto the banana leaf. fold the leaf nicely and set aside for steaming.
5) Steam the 'kuih' for 10mins and its ready to serve warm or cold.
Posted by chokopopz