Its been a while since my last post. Been a lil busy with orders and school. i hope its not too late to wish all of u a very happy new year! Today as promised, I'd like to share this bread recipe with all readers. This recipe was originally called dinner roll buns. But i made a little changes by adding some flavor into the recipe. Lets check it out! #happybaking #goodluck
Dinner roll Buns
2 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
1 cup whole milk / fresh milk
1/4 warm water - make sure its not too hot or u'll kill the yeast to develop.
2 tbs butter / margerine - i used planta.
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
1 egg - lightly beaten
3 cups all purpose flour
1. In a large bowl, mix together the yeast and warm water. give a small stir until dissolves.
2. In a microwave proof bowl, melt the butter in milk. set aside.
3. mix all the wet ingredients into the yeast mixture. mix well with whisk.
4. add the sugars and 1 cup of flour into the mixture and gently fold with silicone spatula, until well combined. (at this stage, u can also use ur hand or wooden spoon to fold)
5. add the 2nd and 3rd cup of flour and repeat the same process as above until it formed into a sticky dough.
6. Knead the dough on the lightly floured work surface until u feel the dough is no longer sticking on ur hands and elastic. approx 6-7mins. ( add more flour on the surface if the dough is to sticky)
7. shape the dough into round and place back in a bowl covered with cling film / clean towel for 1hour, or until it has doubled the size. (depending on ur kitchen temperature. sometimes it may takes 2hours to set).
8. after the dough is ready, cut the dough into half and make a round shape for each dough and put into a greased bread pan. let it rest for 10 more minutes.
9. bake the dough into the pre heated oven at 200c for 20mins.
10. let it slightly cooled before removing from the pan.
To make the strawberry flavored bread:
I only added 1/4 cup of strawberry milk shake powder. the process is just like making cinnamon rolls. u may refer to pic #11 and #12.